By Alison Park, John Curtice, Katarina Thomson, Miranda Phillips, Elizabeth Clery, Sarah Butt
The once a year British Social Attitudes survey is conducted via Britain's biggest autonomous social study business enterprise, the nationwide Centre for Social examine. It offers an fundamental advisor to political and social concerns in modern Britain. This twenty sixth file summarises and translates info from the latest national survey, in addition to drawing useful comparisons with the findings of prior years to supply a richer photo and deeper knowing of adjusting British social values. The British Social Attitudes survey file is key studying for someone looking a consultant to the topical concerns and debates of this day or engaged in modern social and political examine.
Read Online or Download British Social Attitudes: The 26th Report (British Social Attitudes Survey series) PDF
Best historical study & educational resources books
Existence at the frontier within the a long time sooner than the Revolution used to be tremendous tricky and unsure. It used to be a global populated through local american citizens, retailers, fur investors, land speculators, squaddies and settlers—including girls, slaves, and indentured servants. each one of those teams relied on the others in a roundabout way, and jointly they shaped the patchwork that used to be existence at the frontier.
While the editors of up to date Sociology chosen the 10 so much influential books of the prior twenty-five years and released new essays on their significance, the characteristic sparked enthusiasm, debate, and controversy. This quantity responds to and extends that dialogue by means of increasing the record to seventeen books, incorporating a section at the bestsellers of sociology, and including 4 essays at the "most influential" controversy itself.
Utilizing a large association of visible instruments, this atlas deals a close review of the stories and significant occasions surrounding americans of Asian descent. lengthy ignored typically stories, Asian-American historical past assets were scarce. that includes particular maps and authoritative textual content, this e-book tells the tale of now not one workforce of individuals yet many.
Publication through Artibise, Alan F. J.
- The A to Z of Afghan Wars, Revolutions and Insurgencies
- The Age of Wars of Religion, 1000-1650 [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Global Warfare and Civilization [Two Volumes] (Greenwood Encyclopedias of Modern World Wars)
- Ancient Indian social history : some interpretations
- Dirt: New Geographies of Cleanliness and Contamination
- Walking Histories, 1800-1914
- World History (Eyewitness Companions)
Additional info for British Social Attitudes: The 26th Report (British Social Attitudes Survey series)
And Whiteley, P. , Stewart, M. and Whiteley, P. (2004), Political Choice in Britain, Oxford: Oxford University Press Curtice, J. (2006), ‘Losing the Voting Habit’, in Gough, R. , Fisher, S. and Lessard-Phillips, L. , Phillips, M. and Johnson, M. ), British Social Attitudes: the 23rd Report – Perspectives on a changing society, London: Sage Dalton, R. (2004), Democratic Challenges, Democratic Choices, Oxford: Oxford University Press Deacon, D. (2004), ‘Politicians, Privacy and Media Intrusion in Britain’, Parliamentary Affairs, 57: 9–23 Downs, A.
5. This is not to deny that there is a link between social trust and civic duty. In 2005, among those who said that most people can be trusted, 71 per cent felt a sense of civic duty, whereas this was only true of 57 per cent of those who said that you cannot be too careful dealing with people. Evidently, civic duty has declined despite the fact that social trust has not. 6. Though, as the 2001 and 2008 surveys are only seven years apart, the age groups in 2008 are not exactly the same as in 1991 and 2001.
In contrast, where the electorate is responding thermostatically to changes in levels of public spending, there is no particular reason why one party’s supporters should react more strongly than any others. Conservative supporters, who in 1997 felt that more should be spent on health and education, may well have been no more or no less likely than Labour supporters to have felt by 2007 that enough was enough (Soroka and Wlezien, 2008). First, though, we need to consider what we mean by a Conservative or Labour ‘supporter’.
- Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin in Herz-, Thorax- und by Reinhard Larsen
- Knight: The Warrior and World of Chivalry (General Military) by Robert Jones