By Greg Utas
Learn how one can layout scalable, powerful software program for state of the art communications products???
Carrier-grade software program needs to fulfill the stringent caliber specifications of community operators whose structures supply mission-critical communications prone. This booklet describes confirmed carrier-grade software program suggestions utilized in flagship items designed by means of leaders akin to Lucent, Nortel, and Ericsson.
In the age of 24/7, software program robustness is a aggressive virtue. This authoritative consultant for software program engineers, managers, and testers of goods that face carrier-grade requisites allows you to boost state of the art software program that would provide you with an part in today???s marketplace.
strong Communications software program: severe Availability, Reliability and Scalability for Carrier-Grade platforms
- offers recommendation on selecting the right applied sciences for construction trustworthy software
- incorporates real-world examples and layout rationales whilst describing tips on how to build powerful, embedded software program for communications systems
- presents a complete set of carrier-grade layout styles that assist you to fulfill severe availability, reliability, scalability, and capability requirements
- gives suggestion on easy methods to safeguard opposed to and get over software program faults
- discusses method deploy, operability, upkeep, and on-site debugging
Read Online or Download Robust Communications Software: Extreme Availability, Reliability and Scalability for Carrier-Grade Systems PDF
Best microprocessors & system design books
This landmark quantity represents the end result of over forty years of analysis within the use of good judgment as a foundation for representing and manipulating difficulties within the box of synthetic intelligence. The use of common sense as a foundation for common sense reasoning used to be began through John McCarthy in 1959. the gathering involves either unique examine and surveys of virtually each topic that makes use of good judgment in AI, contributed by means of best scientists, and grew out of initial paintings offered at the Workshop on Logic-Based man made Intelligence held in Washington, DC, June 1999.
The coming and recognition of multi-core processors has sparked a renewed curiosity within the improvement of parallel courses. equally, the provision of inexpensive microprocessors and sensors has generated a very good curiosity in embedded real-time courses. This e-book offers scholars and programmers whose backgrounds are in conventional sequential programming with the chance to extend their services into parallel, embedded, real-time and disbursed computing.
- The Art of Software Thermal Management for Embedded Systems
- Memory, Microprocessor, and ASIC (Principles and Applications in Engineering)
- The computer modelling of mathematical reasoning
- Digital Signal Processing. Applications to Communications and Algebraic Coding Theories
- Genetic Algorithms And Fuzzy Logic Systems Soft Computing Perspectives
- Embedded Robotics - Thomas Braunl
Additional info for Robust Communications Software: Extreme Availability, Reliability and Scalability for Carrier-Grade Systems
All of the elements that contribute to the system must be carrier grade. The system requires carrier-grade hardware. It must be designed using a solid development process which includes rigorous stress testing. Before it is deployed, it must be modelled and engineered so that it will survive times of peak usage, even when presented with more work than it can handle. And when it is deployed, it must be easy to operate and thoroughly documented. Carrier-grade systems sometimes suffer outages as the result of procedural errors – human errors made by the craftspeople who monitor and operate these systems.
Yet each of the above techniques compromises carriergrade attributes in some way. An extreme system based on the above programming model will suffer. It will exhibit less availability, reliability, capacity, scalability, and productivity than if it were based on other techniques that we will discuss. Can an extreme system be built using the above programming model? Perhaps, but only because, as the saying goes, ‘Anything can be done in software’. Some extreme systems actually do employ some of the above elements, but one can liken them to a dog walking on its hind legs.
It begins by deﬁning some basic terminology. It then provides a reference model to describe the high-level architecture of a typical extreme system. Next, it deﬁnes the concept of a programming model and how such a model relates to the programming techniques that are the topic of this book. It then presents a pattern language that summarizes all of these carrier-grade techniques, and it ﬁnally concludes with an overview of the C++ classes that appear in the book. 1 BASIC TERMINOLOGY This section deﬁnes some commonly used terms as they relate to this book.
- Kobalt: Teil B — Ergänzungsband Lieferung 1 by Herbert Lehl, Karl-Christian Buschbeck, Rostislaw Gagarin
- Les Précieuses ridicules by Molière