By Alan Harris, Konstantin Haase
Benefit from Sinatra, the Ruby-based internet program library and domain-specific language utilized by GitHub, LinkedIn, Engine backyard, and different well-known firms. With this concise e-book, you are going to speedy achieve operating wisdom of Sinatra and its minimalist method of development either standalone and modular internet applications.
Sinatra serves as a light-weight wrapper round Rack middleware, with syntax that maps heavily to capabilities uncovered via HTTP verbs, which makes it perfect for internet companies and APIs. in case you have event development functions with Ruby, you'll fast examine language basics and notice under-the-hood ideas, with assistance from a number of functional examples. Then you'll get hands-on adventure with Sinatra via construction your individual weblog engine.
* examine Sinatra's middle suggestions, and start by way of construction an easy application
* Create perspectives, deal with periods, and paintings with Sinatra course definitions
* get to grips with the language's internals, and take a better examine Rack
* Use assorted subclass tools for construction versatile and powerful architectures
* positioned Sinatra to paintings: construct a web publication that takes benefit of provider hooks supplied by way of the GitHub API
Read or Download Sinatra: Up and Running PDF
Similar programming books
Ready to profit Kinect programming? commence right here! ™
Learn the basics of programming with the Kinect™ API—and start construction apps that use movement monitoring, voice attractiveness, and extra. in case you have adventure programming with C#—simply begin the following! This e-book introduces must-know thoughts and methods via easy-to-follow factors, examples, and exercises.
Here’s the place you begin studying Kinect
* construct an software to exhibit Kinect video in your workstation
* Have Kinect take photos while it detects stream
* Draw on a working laptop or computer monitor through relocating your finger within the air
* tune your physique gestures and use them to regulate a application
* Make a application that knows your speech and talks again to you
* Play an element on your personal augmented fact online game
* Create an "air piano" utilizing Kinect with a MIDI gadget
Why research F#? With this consultant, you’ll find out how this multi-paradigm language not just provides you with a massive productiveness develop via sensible programming, but in addition allows you to enhance purposes utilizing your present object-oriented and valuable programming abilities. You’ll speedy become aware of the various merits of the language, together with entry to the entire nice instruments and libraries of the . internet platform.
Reap the advantages of useful programming in your subsequent venture, no matter if you’re writing concurrent code, or development info- or math-intensive functions. With this accomplished publication, former F# crew member Chris Smith grants a head commence at the basics and walks you thru complicated thoughts of the F# language.
* study F#’s distinct features for development purposes
* achieve an effective realizing of F#’s middle syntax, together with object-oriented and principal kinds
* Make your object-oriented code higher by means of using practical programming styles
* Use complicated useful strategies, similar to tail-recursion and computation expressions
* reap the benefits of multi-core processors with asynchronous workflows and parallel programming
* Use new style prone for interacting with internet prone and information-rich environments
* find out how good F# works as a scripting language
Programming for Musicians and electronic Artists: developing tune with ChucK bargains a whole creation to programming within the open resource song language ChucK. In it, you'll research the fundamentals of electronic sound construction and manipulation once you realize the ChucK language. As you progress example-by-example via this easy-to-follow e-book, you'll create significant and profitable electronic compositions and "instruments" that make sound and tune in direct reaction to software good judgment, ratings, gestures, and different structures hooked up through MIDI or the community.
- Product Focused Software Process Improvement: 5th International Conference, PROFES 2004, Kansai Science City, Japan, April 5-8, 2004. Proceedings
- SIMD Programming Manual for Linux and Windows
- Programming In C With Visual Stdio 2010 Lab Manual
- Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization: 13th International Conference, IPCO 2008 Bertinoro, Italy, May 26-28, 2008 Proceedings
Additional resources for Sinatra: Up and Running
In addition, later chapters attempt to make learning these topics easier than just hitting your favorite search engine and looking for tutorials. Each chapter explains each topic; this book hopefully makes the process of developing a mobile application easier. It is in no way easy. Myth #3: We don’t need a mobile presence. With the smartphone market growing at such a large rate, and the ease with which mobile applications become available (through the market applications on the device and the markets’ respective websites) there is a large set of potential customers to reach.
Not to disparage the act of creating a startup, and not to ﬂy in the face of innovation, but potential and dreams do not always a fortune make. Working with a partner to develop a product or solution with no capital is not easy. You’ve already seen the examples of what expenses to account for and resources to acquire when starting the development process. If you already have these resources, you are probably already an application developer, most likely with a 9-to-5 job or working as a contractor.
Push notiﬁcations alert users of something that they should be aware of instantly: a new e-mail, a new tweet, or some other bit of information that may be important to the app that was downloaded. Increased Customer Feedback Businesses often hope to build brand loyalty through apps. When loyalty has been achieved, you can capitalize on this loyalty within the app, asking for feedback about your company. Quick polls, short forms, and rich integration with social media services such as Facebook and Twitter can provide a level of feedback that is not seen with mobile web apps.
- Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Vol. 2 by Cotton
- The Two Truths Debate: Tsongkhapa and Gorampa on the Middle by Sonam Thakchoe