By Dan Black, Leo Chartrand
Technician's consultant to the 68HC11 Microcontroller is perfect for readers with very little earlier programming event who are looking to grasp the fundamentals of troubleshooting and programming Motorola's 68HC11 microcontroller. either and software program are lined intimately to supply a whole figuring out of the rules underlying how a microcontroller works. thought is supplemented by means of examples designed to demonstrate how suggestions might be utilized. through studying find out how to software the 68HC11 at an uncomplicated point, readers additionally achieve worthy event utilizing manufacturer-specific documentation that prepares them for paintings with different extra refined microcontrollers.
Read or Download Technician's Guide to the 68HC11 Microcontroller PDF
Best microprocessors & system design books
This landmark quantity represents the fruits of over forty years of study within the use of common sense as a foundation for representing and manipulating difficulties within the box of man-made intelligence. The use of common sense as a foundation for common sense reasoning was once begun via John McCarthy in 1959. the gathering involves either unique learn and surveys of virtually each topic that makes use of good judgment in AI, contributed through prime scientists, and grew out of initial paintings awarded at the Workshop on Logic-Based man made Intelligence held in Washington, DC, June 1999.
The coming and recognition of multi-core processors has sparked a renewed curiosity within the improvement of parallel courses. equally, the supply of inexpensive microprocessors and sensors has generated a superb curiosity in embedded real-time courses. This booklet offers scholars and programmers whose backgrounds are in conventional sequential programming with the chance to extend their features into parallel, embedded, real-time and allotted computing.
- Programming and customizing the AVR microcontroller
- Modern Assembly Language Programming with the ARM Processor
- Introduction To Digital Signal Processing: Computer Musically Speaking
- Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores
- Code Optimization Techniques for Embedded Processors: Methods, Algorithms, and Tools
Additional info for Technician's Guide to the 68HC11 Microcontroller
7. What can be contained in the operand field? 8. What is a prebyte? What does it tell the processor to do? 2 9. What is an effective address and how is it used? 10. When using the absolute addressing mode, where is the operand? 11. What is the difference between immediate and inherent addressing modes? 12. Which addressing mode is used when the data is implied? 13. What makes indexed addressing unique? 14. Relative addressing mode does not process data in the same sense as the other addressing modes.
From memory to the processor registers 3. from one processor register to another processor register. NOTE: The HC11 does not support instructions that allow direct memory to memory transfers using a single instruction. An example of how to accomplish memory to memory transfers is provided in chapter 5. 4. Load instructions perform an input operation by reading one or more bytes of data into a processor register from memory. Each of the load instructions that copies two bytes of data follows the “high byte first” convention.
HC11 Programming a. LDAB #$16 b. LDX $10 c. LDY $0123 d. LDAA $B600 Solution: a. Bytes = 2. LDAB IMM will occupy two bytes, the first byte is the opcode and the second is the operand (ii). Opcode = $C6. Cycles = 2, 1 fetch and 1 execute. b. Bytes = 2. LDX DIR will occupy two bytes, the first byte is the opcode and the second is the low-byte of the effective address (dd). Opcode = $DE. Cycles = 4, 1 fetch and 3 executes. c. Bytes = 4. LDY EXT will occupy four bytes, the first byte is the prebyte, the second is the opcode and the last two are the first effective address of the operand (hhll).
- The Bizarro Starter Kit (purple) by Cameron Pierce
- Old Mother Witch by Carol Carrick